Home is Where the Hall is an umbrella project that shines a light on community halls and celebrates their role in keeping communities together.
Below are a number of frequently asked questions to assist you in your planning.
Who can get involved?
- Any community based in regional Victoria or South Australia can get involved in this project.
How do I get involved?
- Identify an event that you will hold in November, or start planning a new one.
- Complete an online registration
- Register by 30 November 2017.
Is there any funding?
- No, this is completely un-funded. Regional Arts Victoria is a not-for profit organisation.
- What we can provide is a state-wide platform and wide ranging media exposure via:
- Inclusion of your event details on the Home is Where the Hall is website
- A range of tools to assist you in promoting your event
- We will also provide the opportunity to discuss this project with a Creative Arts Facilitator in your region (contact 03 9644 1813 for details).
Do we have to do something arty?
- No – we are Regional Arts Victoria, but fundamentally our organisation is about building capacity in regional Victorian communities through the arts. In this case we want to focus more broadly on celebrating the spaces, the people and the memories.
What’s in it for my hall?
- This is a simple project – and a lovely way to shine a light on your hall and your community. You may want to use your event as a fundraiser, to attract new committee members, to connect with other halls across Victoria, to support your artists, to be part of a state-wide event, as an excuse for a thank you party or to just show off! It can be as big or as small as you make it.
Who do I call for more information?
- Call our Partnerships Department on 03 9644 1800 (press 2).