About the Hall
The two storey structure was added onto the front of the hall which was originally build in 1908. It was the then town hall and the hub of many activities including entertainment. In 1920 the foundation stone of the Soldiers Memorial building was laid. The Returned Services League clubrooms were on the top floor with the Council office in the left of the foyer and the library on the right. The foyer includes the hand carved WWII Honor roll. The work was undertaken by Max Otto Schunemann a German who was captured by the British in Iran and interned at Loveday, Riverland and Tatura, Victoria where he went on to own a wood carving factory at Wentworth where he completed a similar roll.
The Institute hall and two of the four front offices have been home to Riverland Youth Theatre since 2005. The hall is used for workshops, rehearsals and performances and our annual Gala Dinner and fundraiser which is held every November.
Address: 54 Ral Ral Avenue, Renmark, SA
Image credit: denisbin