EVENT DATE: 1 – 30 November 2016
Open house to encourage the community to use their local hall . To meet socially and enjoy company in a clean and comfortable environment . to get people out of their houses and use the Hall that the Moira Shire provides for their use.
Date: 1 – 30 November 2016
Venue: Yarrwoweyah Memorial Hall
Address: 1 Murray Valley Highway
- The Spinners and Weavers meet every Tuesday between 10.00am-3.00pm. Bring your lunch. Tea & coffee are provided.
- The Moira Film Group show a film each month on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 1.30pm. The film for November will be advertised in the Courier. The C.O.M put on an afternoon tea after the film for $3 per head.
- The old time dance is held on the 2nd Friday of each month 8.00pm-12.00am. Lucky door and dance prized. Good floor, heating and cooling. Supper – bring a plate to share.
- Chat and Sew group meet every alternative Thursday between 10.00am-3.00pm. BYO lunch, Tea & coffee provided. 10 and 24 November. Very social and relaxing day. Bring any sewing or knitting you wish. Members help each other.
- Yarroweyah Social Group meet on alternative Thursdays 10.00am-3.00pm. Drop in for morning tea, 3rd and 17th November. The C.O.M cater a lunch for a small charge. A great way to get out of the house and meet the locals. Pleas ring if you intend to come for lunch for catering purposes.
- Quilters and Patchwork Group meet on the 4th Sunday each monday 10.00am-3.00pm. BYO lunch. Tea & coffee provided. Come along and see what beautiful work is done. Members always willing to help learn this craft.
- Rock & Roll dancee group also meet at this hall. For information ring Derrick Wagner 5872 1619.
ABOUT THE HALL
The original hall is approx.110 years old. Shifted on to present site and added on to 1962. The Committee of management was formed in 2000 and has made many improvements such as new floors, heating and cooling, screen in main hall, stage and other curtains, refurbished the kitchen, seating and tables. painting inside and out We are constructing a car parking area at the moment.
Visit the Yarroweyah Memorial Hall Page.