EVENT DATE: 2 November 2014
An all-inclusive community day which will involve a variety of events for locals to check out and participate in.
• Welcome to new residents
• Walking/skipping/hopping the Biolink loop
• Climbing on a CFA tanker
• Share your inner-most thoughts on the Before I Die board
• Encourage people to share their skills via a skills register
• Showcase the various groups based in Glenlyon and encourage people to join – GPA, Landcare, CFA etc
• Community shared lunch
• Establish a chess club – currently only one member!
• Ghosts of Glenlyon walk
Date: Sunday 2 November 2014
Venue Name: Glenlyon Shire Hall
Address: Barkly Street, Glenlyon
Time: 10.00am to 4.00pm
ABOUT THE HALL
Our hall is 124 years old and is the centre of community activities in the small central Victorian town of Glenlyon. For decades it was the shire office, before amalgamation moved the Hepburn Shire offices into Daylesford. Now the hall structure is in very poor condition and the locals are raising funds to undertake renovations, to ensure the building remains the centre of our known universe!